September 16, 2009

I love you, Wednesdays.

Because, seriously, Friday is still 2 days away. I love you, Wednesdays is my bloggin' attempt at a.) shutting up about my products and sharing the love of others' with others! and b.) sharing sources of inspiration that often stands behind my jewelry and creative process. I have heard that checking out blogs has been deemed "Blurfing" (blog + surfing = blurfing). Not so sure I like the phrase, as it sounds like something I would do in my mouth when I hear a nasty piece of news or unfortunately eye something I rather would have not seen. Anyway, I was "blurfing" the other day and came across this great website: 26 Olive Street. It's essentially a website that sells sweet vintage stuff (especially numbers and signs). In addition to a visually stunning blog, the site also has a "Color Match" application. I think they must have known I was coming to visit, but I feel like this little feature must have been made with me in mind (much like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and Gerber Daisy's). You start with an empty watercolor tray and an open text box. You upload your own picture to the server and type in any key words that you are looking for in particular. Click "analyze" and voila! The server searchs Etsy items whose jpg's have the same tones and lists them all for you by color! So I uploaded a picture I took in San Francisco when I lived there and decided to see what we could come up with. I especially like this picture because it's bright and colorful, yet still warm and subtle and therefore also seasonally appriate as we approach fall. Here's the picture: And here's the color pallet the server presented for one of the yellow hues: So after clicking on each color, I choose a few products that especially stood out to me and which I felt cooresponded to the image itself. Here's what I made :)
Don't forget to visit their shops!
So, what inspires you today?

5 comments:

  1. Haha I agree on the Blurfing comment! I much prefer traveling the blogosphere, but understand it can be a mouthfull.
    Love the colors you choose:)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring "It's Lonely" in this!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely of you to review our colormatch app! Thanks so much, we're super glad you like. Always appreciate feedback! Our site is a work in progress but we'll get there eventually....! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colormatch app. It is so fun to use and really quite a work of genius! Yay 26 Olive Street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun site! Thanks Christyn! Okay...I think I'm caught up....that'll show me to never miss a post again! lol :>:>

    ReplyDelete