September 23, 2009

I love you, Wednesdays.

Because, seriously, Friday is still 2 days away. I love you, Wednesdays is my bloggin' attempt at a.) shutting up about my products and sharing the love of others' with others! and b.) sharing sources of inspiration that often stands behind my jewelry and creative process. Last week my blogging friend Karen sent me a link to a website she thought I would find intriguing. Two words: heck yeah. She suggested I check out Lovely Clusters, which is a website dedicated to finding beautiful items and showcasing them by color, theme, or even season. I LOVE these kinds of websites (as mentioned in last week's ILYW blog entry!). Karen even suggested that I try to see if I could get my stuff featured on the site. I sheepishly asked the site's administer to consider Bead Up in her collection, and within a day she responded positively! So here's your challenge, everyone: visit Lovely Cluster's "Product Cluster" feature and see if you can find the two Bead Up products that are listed (hint: they are under the categories "jewelry," "autumn," "fuchsia," and "orange."). Post your answer in the comments section of this entry - the winners will get a free gift with their next Bead Up purchase! After finding my Bead Up items listed on the site, I decided to have a little fun of my own on the site. I have been saving this Crate and Barrel advertisement for some time now because I am just in love with it's color scheme. It totally mirrors what I am trying to go for in my Fall Line, both in terms of color and differing textures. Using the Product Cluster feature on the site and searching under a few of the colors listed, I came up with this little collection of color: Don't forget to visit their Etsy sites, too!
So, what inspires you today?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I found the Ruby Red necklace under Jewelry and the Orange Sparrow Necklace under Orange. (Though I was trying to play without cheating by calling up your Etsy page, and it took me awhile to find the sparrow necklace. I was looking for the brass of the fall line!) Love the Products by Theme part, wish they had more than just that one card for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy! I found both the Ruby Necklace & the Orange Sparrow Necklace under jewelry. I found the Ruby Necklace right away as I recognized it from the last time I checked your etsy site, but the Orange Sparrow took me an extra minute. :> The clusters is so cool! I'm glad that you like the site and that your jewelry is there! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was VERY inspiring to me!! Now I have a sudden urge to decorate an entire room in turquoise! I'm the bf will lovvvve that! Thanks for sharing, Christyn ;-)

    ReplyDelete