May 3, 2010

Made-to-Order Monday

I promise I still exist. I hate that I have only had time to blog once a week. The Hubs and I have been traveling... and traveling... and traveling! But I have had some time to fill some custom orders!


The first is a continuation of my last post of custom graduation gifts for my sorority big, Katie :) In addition to making a coordinating necklace and bracelet set which I blogged about last week, Katie also asked me to make a necklace and bracelet for another cousin of hers who is also graduating soon. Katie instructed that her other cousin has strawberry blonde hair and enjoys wearing earth tones with gold and does like chunky, though not necessarily funky (though not necessarily chunky - opposite of the other necklace set!). I told Katie that I had just purchased some new gemstones in Arizona that I thought would do the trick - some of which were definitely chunky - as they were the shape and near size of a Milano cookie! Here was my layout:




Which, after some wire wrapping, lead to this:


Along with a bracelet to coordinate (NOT match!):


Katie was thrilled: "Oh, Christyn!!  I LOVE THEM!!!  Wow, they turned out nothing like I envisioned, and everything like I wanted, LOL!" Katie is happy = I am happy :)


Next I was asked by a high school classmate to make another necklace as a gift. Lindsay said: "After scouring Etsy for some sort of Confirmation necklace I thought you might be able to help me! My niece is getting confirmed soon and I am her Confirmation sponsor. I want to get her some sort of necklace and was thinking about engraving, but not sure if she would wear that all the time. I was hoping for some sort of silver cross/charm with maybe like a pearl and an initial T charm for "Taylor" -- possibly a dove if it's not too cluttered? I am thinking the simpler the better... because I would like for her to wear it often, but still have some meaning."


Lindsay and I exchanged several e-mails and I ideas before we decided to order a "T" charm from Artbeads and experiment with the necklace. I first added a cross, dove, pearl, and the T-shaped charm and on sterling silver chain and came up with this:




Lindsay and I both agreed that it was a little too much (how I love the word EDIT!) and we narrowed it down to this:




She said Taylor loved it, and was nice enough to send a picture of Taylor wearing her new necklace:




So, that's the latest! I will (hopefully) be back soon with more items from my Summer Line and maybe even more custom orders! Craft on!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you compare the size of your beads to cookies. Who's the cookie monster now?! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think editing is harder than the actual creating, but you, of course, do it with style! How I did not comment earlier, I'm not sure, since apparently my jaw is still on the floor since I first saw that necklace and coordinating bracelet!! They are gorgeous, Christyn!!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog and i love it! i am a new follower; feel free to check out my blog and follow it too.

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete