February 13, 2011

Maternity Jewelry

A few months ago I blogged about a custom, commissioned necklace I made for my dear friend Nilsa. Nilsa asked for a funky, bold statement necklace to coordinate with the orange, teal, and lime colors of her nursery:


After discussing our options, we came up with this: 

Nilsa not only wore the necklace to her maternity shots, she also wore a "vintage" Bead Up lime green cluster bracelet (one of my first creations - you can read about it's anatomy here!):

So, what am I waiting for? Here are the best of the best!


Thanks for including Bead Up in your very special photo session, friend! 

Oh, and be on the lookout within the next few weeks for a very special Blog update! Craft on!

7 comments:

  1. So crazy to think we took those photos on the early side ... and then Baby Gavin arrived WAY early. So glad I wore your jewels - they MAKE my look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You are so talented, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nilsa looks better with that jewellery on. And your designs are actually great and unique! When my wife was still pregnant, her friend gave her cute custom accessories from Calgary. And when she gave birth to our daughter, I also gave our little one a custom jewellery (Calgary) that fits her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that necklace is amazing! I just started making my own jewelry but I am only really doing rings and simple necklaces at this point. Here is the link... let me know what you think!
    Lauren
    http://blog-arita.blogspot.com/2011/03/schab-rocks-preview.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a pretty mommy she is...The bracelet and necklace fits her. I also love the colors.

    Jane
    http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome..........
    Beautiful collection..
    Check it out: Handmade Jewelry

    ReplyDelete